Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Well done to Rossport people on their bravery


Comhgáirdeachas do mhuintir Ros Dúch ar an seasamh a thugadar ar maidin. Well done to the people of Rossport who bravely stopped Shell and its agents beginning work on the unnecessary onshore Bealnaboy gas 'refinery' this morning. Interestingly I met a Rossport bus driver at the weekend in Kildare, another Corduff whose first name escapes me. He reiterated the support of the people of the area for the campaign and predicted the outcome this morning. I was delighted to be present when Pat Rabitte presented Vincent McGrath with the Labour Party's Jim Kemmy Justice award in Kilkenny at the Tom Johnson award (Blog coming soon folks I promise). Meanwhile best of luck to the Rossport people on their struggle. Here's a pic of Vincent and myself after the award presentation.

No comments: